If You Find a Lost or Stray Animal
If you have found a lost or stray animal, please contact Hillsborough County Animal Services (HCAS) at 813-744-5660. All found animals must be held at HCAS so that their owners can find them.
If You Have Lost Your Pet
Make Sure You Microchip!
Permanently ID your pet with a microchip for only $15 at the Humane Society of Tampa Bay’s Wellness Clinic. Tags and collars can fall off. A tiny microchip, inserted under the skin in the back of the neck ensures your contact information stays with your pet no matter what happens to the collar.
Lost Pet ResourcesThere are many web sites that can also help you post pictures & information about the pet you lost OR found.
- www.fidofinder.com for lost pets only
- www.flealess.org Flealess Market’s Lost Pets International
- Craig’s List Lost & Found
- Hillsborough County Animal Services – search for lost pets with their online database
- *Pet Harbor’s Lost Pet On-line Database For best search results when using the Pet Harbor’s Lost Pet On-line Database select ONLY from the “Animal Type” descriptive selections. All of the other listed descriptive selections are subject to interpretation and/or mistaken identification errors. Animal Services updates the files hourly so check often if you are looking for your missing pet.
Click here for more tips on finding your pet