The Humane Society of Tampa Bay employs more than 100 individuals with a wide variety of job skills and is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Work Place.
If you are interested in working at the Humane Society of Tampa Bay and would like to submit an application to keep on file, please download and fill out the employment application and mail it to Humane Society of Tampa Bay,
Attention: Human Resources Manager, 3607 N. Armenia Ave., Tampa, FL, 33607, OR fax it to the attention of Human Resources Manager, to 813.876.0765, OR e-mail it to email@example.com. Please note the type of job that interests you.
Current Job Openings
Job Tittle: Adoption Coordinator
Description: Candidate must have excellent customer service skills, love animals, love people, be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment and be self-motivated. HSTB is a drug free workplace and an equal opportunity employer
- Answers emails and phone calls from the public regarding pets for adoption in a prompt, professional and informative manner.
- Provides information to potential adopters about house-training methods, the need for puppy/kitten follow up shots/yearly veterinary care/heartworm prevention and other pet related information.
- Answers questions from the public about pets for adoption including the behavior of specific breeds, dog and cat behavior, pet care, whether a specific pet would be good with children or other dogs and other pertinent information.
- Reviews adoption applications submitted by the public to determine if the applicant meets written adoption guidelines.
- Approves or denies the application for adoption in a professional manner. Asks questions of the applicant if necessary to clarify information on the written adoption application.
- Inputs all information necessary for the adoption into the software system.
- Prints out all necessary paperwork for the adoption and ensures the adopter signs the adoption contract and any dismissal instructions.
- Handles adoption fees and perform cash box closing for the adoption cash box.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Learns our shelter pets and learns their personality traits and preferences
- Be able to confidently go over medical history with adopters
- Ability to remain pleasant and calm even in stressful situations.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Preferred: 1-2 years’ experience in the animal industry
- Experience handling/holding dogs of all dog sizes and energy levels
- Experience handling/holding cats of all cat sizes and energy levels
- Familiarity with animals, knowledge of animal behavior, breeds, and handling or experience volunteering or working with a rescue group, humane society, foster care involvement or other animal welfare agency are a plus.
- Physical ability to walk and/or stand throughout a normal workday required.
- Physical ability to engage in repetitive motions of legs, arms, and hands, to hear, to see, to move animals and goods.
- Working inside and outside
- Work weekends and evenings
Pay: $11.00 an hour
How to Apply: If qualified and interested, complete application and send to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to the attention of “Human Resources Manager” at 813.876.0765. No phone calls please.
Surgery Tech – Animal Hospital
Monday through Friday. Candidate must have clinical experience and the following skills:
- Monitor anesthesia
- Intubate dogs and cats
- Knowledge of anesthetic drugs and basic knowledge of anatomy for anesthetic injections
- Parasite identification and treatment
- Blood draws
- Skins scrapes
- Animal restraint
- Medication dosing calculations and their uses
Candidate must be able to lift 50 lbs. on a regular basis. Candidate must also possess and demonstrate excellent team player spirit, be able to multi-task, and show focus and follow through in a very busy, high volume environment. Being able to work independently and be self-motivated is crucial to this position, as well as attention to details. Candidate must have good data entry skills.
150.00 CE Reimbursement for CVT’s
Job Type: Full-time with a generous benefits package including. Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K Plan, and paid time off
We are an amazing organization doing incredible things to help thousands of animals each year. Great organizational and communication skills strongly recommended. Salary is based on experience level. Great benefits package available. HSTB is a drug free workplace.
If qualified and interested, please apply at our website www.humanesocietytampa.org Human Resources Manager, or fax to her attention at 813-876-0765. No phone calls, please.
Job Type: Full-time
Are you fast at spaying and neutering? Our AAHA Certified Hospital is looking for full time and part time surgeons.
Competitive salary, great benefits and wonderful people to work with.
Must have Florida license
If interested, please email email@example.com or fax to the attention of Human Resources Manager at 813-876-0765.
If questions, call Sherry Silk at 813-774-4309. You won’t regret it!
Wellness Tech – Animal Hospital
The Humane Society of Tampa Bay is seeking a full-time, experienced Vet Tech for our Animal Health Center. This position includes weekends and some evenings. Candidates must have clinical experience and be proficient in the following:
- Fecals and parasite identification
- Blood draws
- Skins scrapes
- Animal restrain
Candidates must also possess and demonstrate excellent team player spirit, be able to multi-task, and show focus and follow through in a very busy environment. Candidate must be able to lead team and help to keep the flow going in our very busy hospital.
We are an amazing organization doing incredible things to help thousands of animals each year. The ideal candidates will be dedicated to our mission, have a “can-do” attitude and be able to work quickly and efficiently. Great organizational and communication skills strongly recommended. Salary is based on experience level.
Schedule will include working weekends.
150.00 CE Reimbursement for CVT’s
Job Type: Full-time with a generous benefits package including. Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K Plan and paid time off.
If qualified and interested, please email your resume to Human Resources Manager or fax to 813-876-0765. No phone calls, please. Drug Free Workplace and Equal Opportunity Employer