The Humane Society of Tampa Bay employs more than 100 individuals with a wide variety of job skills and is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Work Place.
If qualified and interested please complete the online application. If you are not able to complete the online application please download, complete, and fax in your application to 813-876-0765 attention HR Manager. No phone calls, please.
Current Job Openings
Intake Department Manager
Humane Society of Tampa Bay is currently looking for a Manager for our busy Intake Department .The successful candidate will share our commitment to delivering quality care to all animals along with delivering exceptional client service. Strong interpersonal skills are required and a dedication to upholding a professional and positive work environment.
- Supervising technicians and assistants.
- Acting as a point person for the Intake department team members.
- Coaching employees on performance issues and participate in disciplinary actions.
- Participate in performance assessments and the development and execution of employee improvement plans.
- Providing day-to-day oversight and on-going feedback to staff and managers.
- Act as a liaison between Intake staff, Shelter team, doctors and management to promote effective communication to prevent and resolve concerns.
- Assisting with the management, delegation and prioritizing for all Intake staff regarding the workflow within the department.
- MUST HAVE VET TECH EXPERIENCE
- Must have 1-2 years of experience in a supervisory technician role or a Head Veterinary Technician role or management role.
- CVT highly desirable, but candidates with a minimum of 2 years as a veterinary technician will be considered.
Great Benefit Package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off and 8 paid holidays!
If you have a passion for animals and love helping people then this is the place for you!
Wellness Vet Tech – Animal Hospital
For more than 100 years, the Humane Society of Tampa Bay has been dedicated to ending animal homelessness and providing care and comfort for companion animals in need.
We are currently seeking full-time Vet Techs for our Animal Health Center. Candidates must have clinical Urinalysis
Candidates must also possess and demonstrate excellent team player spirit, be able to multi-task, and show focus and follow through in a very busy, fun environment. Candidate must be able to lead team and help to keep the flow going in our very busy hospital.
We have great benefit and salary is based on experience
Schedule will include working a weekend day.
150.00 CE Reimbursement for CVT’s
$1,000 sign on bonus after 6 months.