Training & Behavior Resources
While behavior problems are one reason animals are surrendered to shelters, many of these issues can be resolved through training and behavior modification. Check out the information below for dealing with some common issues.
- Separation Anxiety (positively.com)
- Preventing and Treating Separation Anxiety (aspcapro.com)
- Socializing Your New Puppy (download)
- New Puppy! (positively.com)
- Raising a Puppy (dogstardaily.com)
- 6 Tips for Winning Over a Shy Dog
- 7 Tips on Canine Body Language
- Introducing a Dog and a Cat (bestfriends.org)
- Introducing Dogs to Cats (americanhumane.org)
- Introducing Dogs to Each Other (bestfriends.org)
- Kids and Pets
- GoodPup, train at home over video-chat
The Humane Society of Tampa Bay is committed to training and behavior programs that are humane and free of fear for the pet. We avoid the use of aversive methods and maximize the use of reinforcers with the animals in our care for training and behavior modification. When seeking professional help, we recommend these trainers and behavior consultants who share our commitment.