A donor-advised fund (DAF) is a centralized charitable account. It allows charitably-inclined individuals, families, and businesses to make tax-deductible charitable donations of cash, publicly-traded stock, and in some cases, certain illiquid assets, to a public charity that sponsors a DAF program.
Benefits of a Donor-Advised Fund
- Contributions via DAFs help donors maximize tax benefits.
- DAF sponsors handle all due diligence and reporting, simplifying organization and administration.
- DAFs can be used to facilitate a charitable legacy, dovetailing conveniently with estate planning.
- Donors can choose how they are acknowledged and what personal information they wish to share when making grants from their DAFs.
- DAFs can be useful in the development of donors’ philanthropic vision, strategy and philosophy.
How a Donor-Advised Fund Works
- Contact your financial planner to donate through your DAF or set up a DAF for your charitable giving.
- Make an account with DAF Direct and connect with us for more information.
If you have any questions about Donor Advised Funds, please contact us. We would be happy to assist you and answer any questions that you have.